The layering of this collection was casual chic perfection!! I adore the lace up boots complete with tassells. I also loved the overwhelming presence of the bold burgundy lip! So Fall!
NYFW is less than 48 hours away and the parties have already begun!!!!! There are always so many great fashion moments at NYFW and the latest news is that models on Rebecca Minkoff’s New York Fashion Week runway will be strutting their stuff to the live music of Janelle Monae. Monae will sing at Friday’s show at Lincoln Center where Minkoff will be showing her collection for next Spring. There will be a live stream of the show Friday at 3 p.m. EDT. Click HERE for more information! Also, Stay tuned for upcoming roundups of my favorite NYFW Spring 2014 collections!
YAY for fashion week!!!!
Earlier this year I announced my “colors of the year”- Emerald and Lavender were the frontrunners and I still feel the same way. I have been pretty obsessed with purple anything lately but am partial to the light & feminine lavender hue in particular…the pretty pastel screams Spring and is so adorable! There is no better way to incorporate new colors into your wardrobe than with a gorgeous new bag! Lavender pairs especially well with camel, navy, white and other pastels and is quite versatile for a candy color. Love color? wear your lavender bag with a floral dress or pant for the ultimate Spring look.
Shop my FAVORITE lavender bags below right now!
J.Crew ‘Edie’ bag in vintage violet $238 at J.Crew.
Cambridge satchel in Lavender 11″ $190 or 13″ $198 at Cambridge Satchel Co.
Faux snakeskin bag $54.99 at Modcloth.
Rebecca Minkoff ‘Minimac’ in lilac $195 at Shopbop.
Oh Em Geeee….I was suppose to do this post a week ago and just remembered! These “what’s in my purse” posts are all over the blogosphere right now and I recently got my inspiration from Amy’s vintage Closet when she did a post on it. I also saw a fun “10 things you’d be surprised to know about me” post last week and thought I’d partake in that as well and put them both into one post for you guys! So here we go! Please excuse the poor lighting and camera flashes, I literally just took these pictures and it’s dark here in California! Ok time for show & tell!
What’s Inside my purse? It changes everyday depending on the purse of course, the bigger the bag…. the more stuff I seem to “need”. I pretty much always have these 10 things floating around from purse to purse with me, and as you can see, I have a case for everything! Keeps everything organized and easy to find.
Here’s what’s in todays purse!
1. Coin Purse- I love having a specific place for coins.
2. Keys- can’t live without those.
3. Sunglasses- definitely need those in California.
4.Makeup bag- holds mostly lip stuff and anything else that’s small.( mirror, hair ties, nail file, tweezers, pink swiss army knife etc.)
5.Business card holder- so cute and pink.
6. Clicky pen- free from my bank.
7. iPhone- my first one ever…in love!
8.Wallet- going on 7 years old…you’d never know it.
9. Gum- gotta stay fresh and minty.
10. Cute pouch- holds my camera.
That’s a wrap for my purse—–nothing too spectacular. Now onto the good stuff!
10 things You’d Be Surprised To Know About Me!
I find that I get the biggest reactions when people find these things out about me……
1. I’m not that into chocolate- I don’t know why but I prefer caramel or peanut butter over chocolate any day… and when I do eat it, it’s gotta be packed with nuts, caramel anything!
2. Are you sitting down? ok here it goes! I actually like and wear UGG BOOTS! YES it’s true! Are they cute? Not really, but they’re warm and cozy for cold days, camping and running errands.
3. I love the great outdoors and that includes hiking and camping (In tents, without showers).
4. I have a very large tattoo on my ribs/torso area. It’s cherry blossoms with branches and Japanese lanterns.
5. I love cars! I love pretty cars and I love tough cars! I just love a beautiful, well-engineered vehicle. If I had all the money in the world my car collection would trump Jay Leno’s.
6. I have horrible penmanship- you cannot differentiate between my hand writing chicken scratch and most 6 year olds, it’s quite horrible. ( I should have been a Dr.)
7. I love watching football- and I actually know the rules! I prefer College, but will watch most any level! Best sport ever!
8. I’m happily married to a woman- not really a big deal to me, my friends and my family but it’s “shocking” for some. I am sometimes saddened at the reactions of a few but at the same time I have witnessed so many people “see the light” so to speak , when they realize that our marriage is just as normal as the next couple. If you’ve read my wedding ring posts, this is old news. However if this can change even one persons perspective on this subject, then it was worth sharing in my opinion.
9. I have been fascinated with the stock market since I was 18 and able to invest (play)–S&P500, Dow Jones, NASDAQ, Mutual funds, Bonds—you name it! Wall Street is a very entertaining and sometimes nail-biting, yet very profitable game that every adult should partake in! Time literally is money and more people need to stop wasting time! Take this as a “sign” and start asking questions, use half of your tax return to open up a Fidelity account, E-Trade etc. While you’re at it, Max out on your 40lk! Now’s the time don’t wait- life only gets more expensive as you get older! So if you think you can’t afford to set aside some money now, you really won’t be able to later. Build your nest egg NOW! Ok I’m done blabbing about that!
10. I have a dog rescue kit in my trunk and dog & cat food as well ready to feed any hungry animal wherever I may be. Sounds silly I know but I’ve used that kit successfully about a dozen times and the food hundreds of times!!!!!
Well that about sums it up for the spilling of the beans…..I feel like I wrote a tell all book. Hope you all enjoyed it! Have a great night!