Advertisements

My Marni Adventure

8 Mar

The day has  come!  Marni for H&M debuted today at select H&M stores across the country.  The wait for the fancy high-end Italian house’s affordable line is finally over. The collection included traditional Marni  bold printed blouses, flirty polka-dotted frocks, structured jackets as well as accessories — including a mix of chunky bracelets and necklaces. Only 3 stores in the LA area had the collection, so I chose an (indoor) mall location just in case I had to wait in a line long. I arrived at the mall at 9am ran up to H&M to find a wristband person(I read online they’d be giving wristbands out). I got my wristband with my designated “shopping time”10:45-11:00am on it. Every 15  minutes, they would let a group of 30 people in a barricaded area to shop. There was a guy with a megaphone screaming the time remaining. I just watched the frenzy for the next hour and 45 minutes until my group was let in.  I also watched in sadness as my beloved white flower necklace slowly disappeared off the shelves:( Finally they let my group in and I felt like I was on supermarket sweep…..my heart was racing. I Grabbed 7 pieces and ran to the dressing room with about 5 of my 15 minutes left to spare.  I fell in love with 2, a tribal top and a polka dot dress. Got in line bought my items and got the hell outta there,with a slight headache. On my drive home, I looked over at my H&M bag and envisioned myself on vacation in these super cute clothes. Thanks H&M!!!! Until next time………rumor has it a HUGE designer collaboration is up next ….. like Tom Ford huge;)

Here are some pics from my adventure today.

The barricades

The megaphone guy

one lady sent in her hubby

my 2 favorite finds

On my way home with my wristband and 1 little shopping bag.

Advertisements

11 Responses to “My Marni Adventure”

1. carolyne March 8, 2012 at 3:44 pm #

Like you I picked an indoor mall and luckily for me, I live 5 minutes away from it, so was able to collect a wristband then go home for a bit, eat breakfast and return to shop.
    It wasn’t as frantic as I was imagining but I think that’s because I stayed away from the ones on Oxford Street (I live in London). Which mall did you go to, The Beverly Centre?

Anyway, I love your purchases, the polka dot dress particularly. I’m hoping to pick up the colour block version should it be returned..

• yourstylejourney March 8, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

Oh that must have been nice to be able to go back home, yes I went to the Beverly center:) I did try the color block version of the dress and it is really cute as well. Some of the pieces are on Ebay for triple the price. I may break down and bid on that necklace in white. Have you heard these Tom ford rumors? OMG I hope they’re true.

2. mammarob March 8, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

15 minutes to shop??!! And try on??! That’s fast. Love the polka dot dress, super cute!

• yourstylejourney March 8, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

haha no that would just be cruel. We had 15 minutes to shop, but I ran so fast to the dressing room, I only used up about 10 min. I was so worried too that I wouldn’t have enough time.

3. angel1 March 9, 2012 at 11:50 am #

How much fun is that. Love it. I can so see you right now with me by your side. hahaha

4. Pajang! March 9, 2012 at 3:26 pm #

I got the blue and white crop sleeve jacket i plan to wear it with red lipstick, a white pencil skirt, and some strappy heels! I also snagged the red & white bracelet with the rhinestones and a pair of earrings! Got everything off of their website (I am in London) but you know what? they must have put a limit on the site for how much you can buy because when i tried to add any more to the cart it wouldn’t let me!! I wanted to add the silk printed v-neck tank and the tote with the clear green at the bottom but 😦 😦
    Hopefully it’s only a 24hr thing and I will be able to buy those items tomorrow!

• yourstylejourney March 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

Hi Pajang!!:) Oh cutesy! Lucky for you there’s online shopping, coming soon to the US:( Yeah in-store they had a limit so it may be the same online. Just login tomorrow and cross your fingers and then there is always ‘overpriced’ Ebayers taking total advantage.

5. Tamar March 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

I love your blog:) I couldn’t help but notice your lovely (wedding?) ring pictured second from the bottom. Looks like rose gold, beautiful, I love how thin the bands are.

• yourstylejourney March 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

Thanks for reading and thanks for the compliment. Yes it’s my wedding ring:) it is rose gold. The bands are ultra thin (1.5 mm). I am doing an upcoming post on engagement/wedding rings. I think you’ll like it if you like this antique style I have.

6. hanic March 13, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

wow you really caught up in the frenzy! i’ll post my marni frenzy soon too. like your blog btw!!!